Title: Technician for Synchrotron-radiation X-ray powder analysis
As a Technician for Synchrotron-radiation X-ray powder analysis you will be primarily responsible for the handling and preparation of samples from customers, as well as managing all lab-related activities. You will also be in charge of further developing these activities, in line with the growth of the company. Depending on your skills, you will have the opportunity to perform measurements at synchrotron facilities.
Your specific responsibilities include:
- Plan, receive and verify receipt of samples for accuracy from customers; documents receipt of samples in appropriate logbooks
- Prepare samples to be analyzed at the synchrotron facility, including milling, dilution, temperature and relative humidity treatments.
- Perform data entry and write reports according to internal protocols as needed.
- Perform general lab duties and housekeeping, as required
- Track lab supplies and chemicals; restock inventory in store rooms
- Prepare and qualify lab equipment via the required performance tests. Manage all maintenance tasks for this equipment.
- Define and implement all required safety measures
- Write and implement all necessary Standard Operating Procedures
- Participate to some instrument set-up and measurements at the Synchrotron
- Contribute actively to the continuous improvement of the above activities
- Take care of the future growth of all lab-related activities of ESS
- Take additional responsibilities, commensurate with your experience and qualifications
- Completed training as a laboratory technician in chemistry (e.g. "Chemielaborant") or equivalent. Additional practical experience in an academic or industry lab is a plus.
- Ability to work in an autonomous way, performing tasks with extremely high accuracy and reliability
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and with flexible hours
- Very good knowledge of German (spoken, written); very good knowledge of English (spoken, written)
Start date: to be agreed.
Employment Type: 60-100%; permanent position with probation period
Seniority level: entry level or commensurate to candidate's experience
If you are interested in working for a growing scientific/technological company, then send us your application in English at info-ESS@excels.us together with a strong motivation letter. Or contact us if you have any questions!